Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Dirk.vanGulik" <Di...@jrc.it> on 1997/09/10 15:22:45 UTC

digital going micro softer every day

Hmm, all the URLs at digital have gone .asp

	http://www.pc.digital.com/products/notebook/hinote_vp_500_abstract.asp

And then we see

	HTTP/1.0 Server Too Busy

Which Company had this advert in Wired, some time ago with
texts Clickable NT boxes like

	Server Busy, come back later
	 Server is Really Busy
	  Server Busy, come back some other time
 	   Server Busy, tommorrow perhaps
	    Hey what are you; a rejection junkie ?!
	     Get Lost

Or something on those lines.

Dw.

Re: digital going micro softer every day

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Dirk.vanGulik wrote:

> Hmm, all the URLs at digital have gone .asp
>
> 	http://www.pc.digital.com/products/notebook/hinote_vp_500_abstract.asp
>
> And then we see
>
> 	HTTP/1.0 Server Too Busy
>
> Which Company had this advert in Wired, some time ago with
> texts Clickable NT boxes like
>
> 	Server Busy, come back later
> 	 Server is Really Busy
> 	  Server Busy, come back some other time
>  	   Server Busy, tommorrow perhaps
> 	    Hey what are you; a rejection junkie ?!
> 	     Get Lost

I don't think that was an ad ... I think that was a "splash page" -- the
intro page that used to precede the main page on hotwired.com.  But it was
cute.

Dean