Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com> on 2014/02/20 09:01:20 UTC

[VOTE PASSED] Release Apache Cassandra 2.1.0-beta1

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:02 AM, Mikhail Stepura <
mikhail.stepura@outlook.com> wrote:

> It's probably too late to vote, but -1 because of CASSANDRA-6739 and
> CASSANDRA-6741

As I mentioned in my original email, the goal of beta1 is really just to
get some early version
out to get wider testing and it's easier with a released beta than if
people have to compile
from source. We know there is known bugs that are not fixed and absolutely
should be before
the final. And given the beta state of the code, we're bound to see some of
those bug fixed
during the 72 vote period, so if re-roll every time, we'll never get a beta
out. I would make
sense to re-roll a beta if the artifacts vote on had a bug that made them
pretty much useless
for testing (say an exception at startup, or on every reads ...), but
both CASSANDRA-6739 and
CASSANDRA-6741 are pretty minor in that context (though we would
definitively re-roll for those
on a final and so thanks for the report anyway, it's a good habit to have
:)).

So hopefully you wont get angry at me for still going ahead with the
release of this beta following
the 3 binding +1 votes and the additional +1. I'll get the artifacts
published.

--
Sylvain