Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Danesh Kuruppu <dk...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/02 07:23:44 UTC

Performance improvement in latest version comparing to v1.4

Hi all,

Currently we are using solr for service meta data indexing and Searching .
we have embedded solr server running in our application and we are using
solr 1.4 version. Have some doubts to be clear.

1. What are the performance improvements we can gain from updating to the
latest solr version(4.10.1).

2. Currently we are using embedded solr, I have an idea of moving to
standalone server. What is best way of using standalone server in our java
webapp.

Please help me.

Re: Performance improvement in latest version comparing to v1.4

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
The answer is in the message:

On 6 October 2014 09:00, Danesh Kuruppu <dk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HTTP Status 404 - /solr/update

My guess is that you don't have a default collection anymore. Maybe
you are using new collection autodiscovery mechanism and your
collection is not named collection1 (default name). So, you just need
to change your URL to include your connection name.

Regards,
   Alex.

Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

Re: Performance improvement in latest version comparing to v1.4

Posted by Danesh Kuruppu <dk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex and Shawn,

Yes, I have given the wrong URL. I have change the default name and I am
not specified that in the URL.
Issue resolved after correcting the URL

many thanks

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Danesh Kuruppu <dk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for quick response Shawn.

I upgrade to the server and create new HttpSolrServer. when I try to add
document to the solr server, I am getting following error.

org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
> Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html.
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
> H2
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;}
> H3
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;}
> BODY
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;}
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A
> {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style>
> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 404 - /solr/update</h1><HR size="1"
> not available.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache
> Tomcat/7.0.52</h3></body></html>

    at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.executeMethod(HttpSolrServer.java:512)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:210)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:206)
>     at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:124)
>     at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:116)
>     at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:102)

Please help me to solve this issue

Thanks

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.