Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2019/07/31 19:34:47 UTC

Jakarta EE 8 TCK against TomEE master

Hi all,

As part of the Java 11 work, I decided to run TCKs in order to cover as
much as possible features in TomEE.

So far, I am at a point where for the webprofile subset, we have the same
coverage with JDK8 and JDK11 which is good.

This kinda allowed me to see some issues.
I created this big bucket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2603
And all subtasks are basically things everyone can work on and help.

The TCK build and setup has been covered previously by Jon so searching
against the mailing list should help you run TCK locally.

If you run on any issues, feel free to let me know. I can revive the thread
and help with the documentation.
Project and documentation available at https://github.com/apache/tomee-tck

Long story short, I filled 2 subtasks

- one is related to TCK setup and Derby NoClassDefFound with the stored
procedures.

- second on is related to JavaMail. We use currently 1.4 but we need to
switch to 1.5 which is not yet available on the geronimo side. If you want
to contribute, some work has already been done at
https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/tree/trunk/geronimo-javamail_1.5_spec

- last one is around our webprofile setup. We don't have activeMQ in there
because it's out of scope, but looks like when we run the webprofile TCK we
try to create a resource ending up with a NoClassDefFound on some ActiveMQ
classes.

Any help is welcome
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro