Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2005/05/13 23:29:21 UTC

solprovider's documentation cache

i really like the collection of articles starting to take shape at:

http://www.solprovider.com/solprovider/lenya.nsf

would you be willing to donate them to the official site, as howto?

i have recently started to port some howto from the wiki (keeping in
mind how important it is to have all documentation in one place)

you can see the efforts here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lenya/docu/src/documentation/content/xdocs/1_2_x/how-to/

if you were so inclined, it would be very easy to convert your articles
into forrest format, and i would be happy to commit them..

-gregor

Re: solprovider's documentation cache

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
solprovider@gmail.com wrote:

>>would you be willing to donate them to the official site, as howto?
>
> I, Paul Ercolino, hereby grant the Apache Lenya organization the right
> to use material related to Lenya on solprovider.com.
>
> (Is that official enough?)

it is :) i added the first 2 to the new how-to section:

http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/how-to/index.html

> Please do.  I already posted much of it to the mailing lists, although
> the website is formatted better.  Some of it may be difficult to
> integrate because it ALMOST duplicates information on the official
> site, such as the "Lenya Process" article.  My emphasis is what was
> important TO ME as a newbie.

yeah, i didn't copy those at this time. added the 2 about search and
external data though.

> I plan to continue adding to that section.  I have not finished
> documenting my replacement of the "login" usecase, or how to add a
> sitemap webpage.  Someone may implement my Search, and I hope to get
> feedback (like did I leave out an instruction or is anything
> confusing.)  I just recommended the "Lenya Process" page to a newbie;
> I hope they tell me where it needs clarification.  Should I write you
> when there are major changes?

sure

> P.S. Do I get a link like Jon Linczak's on the Lenya Wiki's FrontPage?

i added a link

Re: solprovider's documentation cache

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 5/13/05, Gregor J. Rothfuss <gr...@apache.org> wrote:
> I really like the collection of articles starting to take shape at:
> http://www.solprovider.com/solprovider/lenya.nsf

Thank you.

I got tired of the long URLs, so the site can now be accessed at:
http://solprovider.com/lenya
or:
http://solprovider.com/lenya/{pagename}
for specific pages, such as "install" or "search".  I will fix the
URLs within the pages someday.

> would you be willing to donate them to the official site, as howto?

I, Paul Ercolino, hereby grant the Apache Lenya organization the right
to use material related to Lenya on solprovider.com.

(Is that official enough?)

> if you were so inclined, it would be very easy to convert your articles
> into forrest format, and i would be happy to commit them.
> -gregor

Please do.  I already posted much of it to the mailing lists, although
the website is formatted better.  Some of it may be difficult to
integrate because it ALMOST duplicates information on the official
site, such as the "Lenya Process" article.  My emphasis is what was
important TO ME as a newbie.

I plan to continue adding to that section.  I have not finished
documenting my replacement of the "login" usecase, or how to add a
sitemap webpage.  Someone may implement my Search, and I hope to get
feedback (like did I leave out an instruction or is anything
confusing.)  I just recommended the "Lenya Process" page to a newbie;
I hope they tell me where it needs clarification.  Should I write you
when there are major changes?

solprovider

P.S. Do I get a link like Jon Linczak's on the Lenya Wiki's FrontPage?