Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/03 15:51:27 UTC

Re: doput without ticket?

hi Ming,

See comment on the FlightDescriptor member of FlightData:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/format/Flight.proto#L281

The descriptor can contain a serialized CMD if you need to pass
additional information to the server when you are starting a DoPut
operation. The schema is found in the first RPC message

FlightInfo contains the "query plan" for accessing a possibly
distributed dataset so really only makes sense for the DoGet RPC.

Hope this helps

Wes

Re: doput without ticket?

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
I believe our thinking has been that Actions would be used together
with DoPut. I will let Jacques comment further about this when he can

Re: doput without ticket?

Posted by ming zhang <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wes