Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ep...@mailblocks.com on 2005/08/16 21:55:10 UTC

Depend selector with a mapper ?

Does anyone have a working example of a depend selector that uses a
regexp mapper?  I must be getting the syntax wrong somehow.  Here's
what I have:

            <fileset dir="${testRep}" includes="**">
               <depend targetdir="${testSrc}">
                  <mapper id="rmap" type="regexp"
                    from="${testRep}/(.*)s\.([^/]+)$$"
to="${testSrc}/\1\2"/>
               </depend>
            </fileset>

In the above, I'm trying to get files in ${testRep} that are newer than
the files in ${testSrc}, and I'm using the mapper because files in
${testRep} are prefixed with an "s."   I'm pretty sure the mapper is
working, because the ant code:

       <pathconvert property="x" pathsep=" ">
         <path>
            <fileset dir="${testRep}" includes="**"/>
         </path>
         <mapper refid="rmap"/>
      </pathconvert>
      <echo>mapped to files ${x}</echo>

does in fact print out the translated file names.  However, the fileset
(from the first bit of code) is empty, even though the files in
${testRep} are in fact newer.

Thanks,
       --Paul Lynch