Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jo...@sungard.com on 2005/12/30 22:43:08 UTC

jmeter.properties not working for listener file output

According to section 18.3 of the Users Manual, listeners can write output
to a specified file (this works).
Using the View Results In Table listener, it has a configure button to
control whether output is XML or not, and to select output items (this
works).
But also according to section 18.3, changes in the in jmeter.properties
file can permit changing the timestamp from milliseconds to a date
timestamp format like so:
jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format=MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss
This does NOT appear to work -- at least when I uncomment this, I do NOT
get the date/time format as per the user manual, but it remains in
milliseconds since January 1 1970 mode.

Any ideas how to fix this? My jmeter.properties file looks like this:
# Results file configuration

# For testing, output is changed to CSV and variable fields
# (timestamp and elased) are suppressed

# This section helps determine how result data will be saved.
# The commented out values are the defaults.

# legitimate values: xml, csv, db.  Only xml and csv are currently
supported.
jmeter.save.saveservice.output_format=csv

# Define true to save the output files in TestSaveService.java
#testsaveservice.saveout=true

# true when field should be saved; false otherwise

# assertion_results_failure_message only affects CSV output
#jmeter.save.saveservice.assertion_results_failure_message=true
#jmeter.save.saveservice.data_type=true
#jmeter.save.saveservice.label=true
#jmeter.save.saveservice.response_code=true
#jmeter.save.saveservice.response_data=false
#jmeter.save.saveservice.response_message=true
#jmeter.save.saveservice.successful=true
#jmeter.save.saveservice.thread_name=true
jmeter.save.saveservice.time=true

# legitimate values: none, ms, or a format suitable for SimpleDateFormat
#jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format=none
jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format=MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss

# legitimate values: none, first, all
#jmeter.save.saveservice.assertion_results=none

# For use with Comma-separated value (CSV) files or other formats
# where the fields' values are separated by specified delimiters.
jmeter.save.saveservice.default_delimiter=,
jmeter.save.saveservice.print_field_names=true

# File that holds a record of name changes for backward compatibility
issues
upgrade_properties=/bin/upgrade.properties

Re: jmeter.properties not working for listener file output

Posted by Jo...@sungard.com.
Once a Listener has been created and saved it may use the test element
settings.
But when I:
(a) delete a listener and
(b) recreate a listener and
(c) save to a new test plan (a new jmx file) and
(d)exit and then restart JMeter
the problem remains.

John Tullis
Principal Consulting Architect
630-986-3077

sebb <se...@gmail.com>
01/04/2006 04:02 AM
Please respond to "JMeter Users List"

        To:     JMeter Users List <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: jmeter.properties not working for listener
file output

Note that Listeners pick up their *default* settings from the properties
file.

However, once a Listener has been created (and saved to the JMX file)
it will use the settings saved with the test element.

I guess this could be causing the delimiter value to be "sticky",
likewise the timestamp.

Try creating a brand new test plan and see if the timestamp and
delimiter properties are picked up.

If this now works, it would be time to create a Bugzilla issue...

S.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

        To:     JMeter Users List <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.