Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/08 01:31:57 UTC

Re: OFBiz-Sandbox approved on SourceForge.net (was Licensing Issues)

--- David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>
wrote:

> On the other hand, technically this is a problem you
> don't have
> yet... If something goes through months of
> development in the sandbox
> and is ready to go into the OFBiz trunk, THEN you'll
> have some legal
> hurdles to jump, but then you'll also have very
> specific information
> about the situation and it can be discussed with
> rubber to the road
> instead of in a hypothetical way. Still, what you're
> doing with
> regards to finding out about legal concerns is a
> good idea up front.
> Hopefully now you know what some of your options are
> and you can
> decide how to proceed.
>
> -David

Thanks David. Good point on the technicality.  I
suppose it wouldn't be _that difficult to jump the
legal hurdles in most collaborative efforts that would
go on in the sandbox if and when they produced
something that would be of interest to include in the
Apache project.  The scope of most collaboration will
likely only be a handful of people for any given issue
or enhancement (as opposed to the scope of OFBiz prior
to incubation as the entire code base would be treated
as one issue in the sandbox model).  And those people
should be easy to track down with the SVN commit log.

That being said, I will now open up ofbix-sandbox to
anyone wishing to collaborate in a liberal SVN to toss
around ideas through code/create solutions related to
the Apache Open for Business Project please feel free
to contact me through the sourceforge site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ofbiz-sandbox

Thanks!

,Chris