Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/03 20:11:17 UTC

[maven-shade-plugin] Factor Out ResourceMerger ...?

A number of feature requests [1][2] could be implemented in an elegant
way by introducing an interface (ResourceMerger, say) similar to
ResourceTransformer. I'm happy to dive in and provide integration and
unit tests for this change, plus implementations for the requested
features if the consensus is that it'd be a good change.

Opinions? Improvements? Objections?

Robert

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHADE-96
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHADE-91

Re: [maven-shade-plugin] Factor Out ResourceMerger ...?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 2:39 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, July 03, 2011 7:19:36 PM Benson Margulies wrote:
>> So, I'm a mostly a monkey here, but it seems very sensible to me.
>> Perhaps Dan Kulp would chime in?
>
> It sounds reasonable to me.   I know I copied one of the transforms into CXF
> at one point to make some small modifications.   If it could have been
> accomplished as a subclass of some sort, that may have been avoidable.

ApacheNoticeResourceTransfomer currently builds it's contents within
the class. I was wondering whether something involving velocity
templating (say) would allow improved customisation by projects.

Robert

Re: [maven-shade-plugin] Factor Out ResourceMerger ...?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sunday, July 03, 2011 7:19:36 PM Benson Margulies wrote:
> So, I'm a mostly a monkey here, but it seems very sensible to me.
> Perhaps Dan Kulp would chime in?

It sounds reasonable to me.   I know I copied one of the transforms into CXF
at one point to make some small modifications.   If it could have been
accomplished as a subclass of some sort, that may have been avoidable.

Dan

> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>
> <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > A number of feature requests [1][2] could be implemented in an elegant
> > way by introducing an interface (ResourceMerger, say) similar to
> > ResourceTransformer. I'm happy to dive in and provide integration and
> > unit tests for this change, plus implementations for the requested
> > features if the consensus is that it'd be a good change.
> >
> > Opinions? Improvements? Objections?
> >
> > Robert
> >
> > [1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHADE-96
> > [2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHADE-91

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [maven-shade-plugin] Factor Out ResourceMerger ...?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.