Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/12/01 16:45:27 UTC

Re: Gump and APR

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> I've created <configure> and <make> builders and will try them on
> some minimal test workspace of mine tomorrow (hard to do some real
> tests without anything but http and smtp).

It worked for me, so I committed what little I had.  The next Gump run
from trunk (about to start in less than five hours) should use
<configure> instead of <script> and run make on APR.

If everything looks fine, I'll merge my changes over to the live
branch.

Still there is a lot to do - we don't define outputs yet, for example.

> What seemed to be the unit tests (in the gump/test dir) turned out
> to not work (imports some gump,core stuff that is nowhere to find).
> I realized that when I tried to write my own tests.

This was my fault, since I rsynced the sources over to my iBook using
the -C option and thus the "core" directory wasn't there.  Duh.

No unit test, I simply tried a workspace consisting of APR and just
APR - builds within seven minutes on my oldish iBook.

BTW, does anybody know where I could find a precompiled pkill for OS X?
The version of GNU make I have doesn't seem to like the Makefile of
the sourceforge proctools tarball.

Stefan