Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/05/23 22:49:28 UTC

[VOTE] Network client driver should match embedded where possible for implementation specific behaviour.

Satheesh filed DERBY-310 to manage this issue, but to clarify
direction,  I thought it worthwhile to submit this to vote:

There are some differences in behaviour when using the  client  vs the
embedded driver.  Examples are DERBY-211 and DERBY-254. Other
differences are not logged as JIRA entries but are evidenced by
differences in test output.  To create a seamless transition from
embedded to client, the client driver should be changed to match
embedded where possible.

[  ] Change Network Client/Server behaviour to match embedded where
possible.

Re: [VOTE] Network client driver should match embedded where possible for implementation specific behaviour.

Posted by "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Be...@Sun.COM>.
> [  ] Change Network Client/Server behaviour to match embedded where
> possible.

+1

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

[RESULT] [VOTE] Network client driver should match embedded where possible for implementation specific behaviour.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>Satheesh filed DERBY-310 to manage this issue, but to clarify
>direction,  I thought it worthwhile to submit this to vote:
>
>There are some differences in behaviour when using the  client  vs the
>embedded driver.  Examples are DERBY-211 and DERBY-254. Other
>differences are not logged as JIRA entries but are evidenced by
>differences in test output.  To create a seamless transition from
>embedded to client, the client driver should be changed to match
>embedded where possible.
>
>[  ] Change Network Client/Server behaviour to match embedded where
>possible.

Passed with 10   +1 votes.

Re: [VOTE] Network client driver should match embedded where possible for implementation specific behaviour.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Satheesh filed DERBY-310 to manage this issue, but to clarify
> direction,  I thought it worthwhile to submit this to vote:
>
> There are some differences in behaviour when using the  client  vs the
> embedded driver.  Examples are DERBY-211 and DERBY-254. Other
> differences are not logged as JIRA entries but are evidenced by
> differences in test output.  To create a seamless transition from
> embedded to client, the client driver should be changed to match
> embedded where possible.
>
> [  ] Change Network Client/Server behaviour to match embedded where
> possible.

+1 with a couple of questions

What are people's opinions on unification?

What about features (like trace) that the client has but embedded
doesn't? Should they be backported to the embedded driver?

--
Jeremy

Re: [VOTE] Network client driver should match embedded where possible for implementation specific behaviour.

Posted by Satheesh Bandaram <sa...@Sourcery.Org>.
[ +1 ] Change Network Client/Server behaviour to match embedded where possible.

Satheesh

Posted by Shreyas Kaushik <Sh...@Sun.COM>.
+1

~ Shreyas

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Edward Rayl <er...@bellsouth.net>.
+1

Posted by "Lance J. Andersen" <La...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
[+1] Change Network Client/Server behaviour to match embedded where
possible

Dag

Re: [VOTE] Network client driver should match embedded where possible for implementation specific behaviour.

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.
+1

David

Posted by Manjula G Kutty <ma...@gmail.com>.