Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by blueberry lake <bl...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/30 02:47:39 UTC

confusion of tomcat downloading

On page http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi, there are several choices
for tomcat 5.x, like core, deployer, embedded, admin web application, etc.,
can anyone explain berifly what their difference are?
Thanks.

Re: confusion of tomcat downloading

Posted by blueberry lake <bl...@gmail.com>.
I downloaded tomcat for unix, and want it to run inside apache.
It seems I should go with the core version.

Posted by Scott Purcell <pu...@charter.net>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
blueberry lake wrote:
> On page http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi, there are several choices
> for tomcat 5.x, like core, deployer, embedded, admin web application, etc.,
> can anyone explain berifly what their difference are?
> Thanks.

There is a read me file right above the downloads links on the 5.5.x
downloads page that answers this very question.

Mark