Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by lroloson <lr...@trmi.com> on 2009/10/20 20:24:45 UTC

Windows build from trunk fails in CMake

I tried following the instructions in INSTALL-WINDOWS, which states "To get
the source code from the subversion repository (trunk) do:  C:\qpid> svn
checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/qpid/trunk" .... this
repository does not seem to exist. I was able to get what I think was the
latest from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid.

I installed CMake 2.6-patch4 and ran configure, I get the following error;

Could NOT find Doxygen  (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
No need to generate AMQP protocol sources
C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/../specs/management-schema.xml is newer
C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/acl/management-schema.xml is newer
C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/cluster/management-schema.xml is newer
Regenerating Qpid Management Framework sources
CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:101 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/build/src/managementgen.cmake

Can't locate the help2man command; man pages will not be generated
Can't locate the doxygen command; user documentation will not be generated
Can't locate the valgrind command; no run-time error detection
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I cannot find this file ... any help would be appreciated.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Windows build from trunk fails in CMake

Posted by "Cliff Jansen (Interop Systems Inc)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
As an update: the build succeeds when this user switches to another Windows machine (one not particularly different).

I will try to get additional info regarding the specific build problem and report back.

Cliff

I have been using the instructions in INSTALL-WINDOWS which points to the
repository here https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/qpid/trunk -
apparently that is not correct. I have been using
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid. Is this correct?

I am still getting an error with CMake;
No need to generate AMQP protocol sources
C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/../specs/management-schema.xml is newer
C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/acl/management-schema.xml is newer
C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/cluster/management-schema.xml is newer
Regenerating Qpid Management Framework sources
CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:101 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/build/src/managementgen.cmake

Can't locate the help2man command; man pages will not be generated
Can't locate the doxygen command; user documentation will not be generated
Can't locate the valgrind command; no run-time error detection
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I am using XP-SP2, VS2008, Boost_1_35, Python 3.0.1, ruby 1.8.6 and updated
my working copy to  revision: 828034

Posted by lroloson <lr...@trmi.com>.
If I copy managementgen.cmake from the one machine that does work, then
configure will complete - but Generate returns this;

CMake Error in src/CMakeLists.txt:
  Cannot find source file "System.cpp".  Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc
.cpp
  .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in .txx

but ... this file is there, so I dont know why it cant be found. This
behavior is the same on two machines. One machine has no issues.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Ok, thanks. Could you please try this?

- Create a new build directory anywhere.
- Start a command prompt window, such as via the Visual Studio 2008
command prompt menu item.
- cd to your new build directory
- cmake -G "Visual Studio 9 2008" --debug-output
<path-to-the-qpid-cpp-directory>

And please post the output here.

Thanks,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Nabble.com.

Posted by lroloson <lr...@trmi.com>.
Yes, I checked out the tree from here https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by lroloson <lr...@trmi.com>.
I wanted to insure the solution build completed before adding an update, and
it does. I have 2 different machines, essentially configured as I mentioned
above. I am using the second machine to see if I can duplicate the problem
that I had with CMake on the first. I cannot - machine 2 has no issues with
CMake, the configure and generate completed, and the solution built.

When I figure out what was different, I will post the information here.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
> I have been using the instructions in INSTALL-WINDOWS which
> points to the repository here
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/qpid/trunk -
> apparently that is not correct. I have been using
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid. Is this correct?

Yes, thanks for the correcion. I fixed the INSTALL-WINDOWS to reflect
this.

> I am still getting an error with CMake;
> No need to generate AMQP protocol sources
> C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/../specs/management-schema.xml is newer
> C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/acl/management-schema.xml is newer
> C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/cluster/management-schema.xml is newer
> Regenerating Qpid Management Framework sources
> CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:101 (include):
>   include could not find load file:
>
>     C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/build/src/managementgen.cmake

It's a bit odd that there wasn't more output after "Regenerating ..."
- is there anything in C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/build/src/qmf?
Can you please try this command while cd'd to
C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/build/src :

python C:\qpid\qpid\cpp\managementgen\qmf-gen -c managementgen.cmake
-b -q -o .\qmf C:\qpid\qpid\specs\management-schema.xml
C:\qpid\qpid\cpp\src\qpid\acl\management-schema.xml
C:\qpid\qpid\cpp\src\qpid\cluster\management-schema.xml

> I am using XP-SP2, VS2008, Boost_1_35, Python 3.0.1, ruby
> 1.8.6 and updated my working copy to  revision: 828034
>
> Any help would be appreciated !

Please let me know the above and I'll try to help get you going.

-Steve

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Try deleting your C:/qpid/qpid/cpp/build directory, then retry the
cmake.

-Steve