Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Greg Cope <gr...@rubberplant.freeserve.co.uk> on 2000/11/20 21:35:15 UTC

Probably [OT] Are there any Simple Generic Server modules

Dear All

This is a little OT - but bear with me.

I am looking for a simple generic server (prefably OO) that I can use
for my NON OO stuff.

I have writen my own, but I am after ideas ....

One project I've got involves getting HTML (template)files via LWP, and
uploads them into an IPC cache for HTML::Template.  It needs to accept
signals so that Apache can HUP it to go get new templates.

Using a generic server class can enable me to get the code out of
apache.

Any clues welcome.

Thanks.

Greg

Re: Probably [OT] Are there any Simple Generic Server modules

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Greg Cope wrote:

> Dear All
>
> This is a little OT - but bear with me.
>
> I am looking for a simple generic server (prefably OO) that I can use
> for my NON OO stuff.
>
> I have writen my own, but I am after ideas ....
>
> One project I've got involves getting HTML (template)files via LWP, and
> uploads them into an IPC cache for HTML::Template.  It needs to accept
> signals so that Apache can HUP it to go get new templates.
>
> Using a generic server class can enable me to get the code out of
> apache.

I use POE for this. It allows me to have one server and add different
modules for it, including things like an IRC bot, and a TCP/IP
listener. All in the same POE kernel.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **