Posted to user@drill.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2015/10/16 22:20:33 UTC

Parsing JSON w/Errors

Hey all, I am working through some JSON files, and have some odd ball
records coming from a dump of mongodb.

basically I have a field "target" that normally returns an object of nested
data.

However, in some cases, it returns a string that starts with
"h\u0005\u000t..." and a bunch of other unicode encoded characters.

Drill sees this as "hey some are strings and some are maps, that's bad"
error...

Is there a way to just have drill skip records errors to do further
exploration? Anyone run into anything like like this mongo dumps?

Thanks!

John