Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "McComsey, Doug" <Do...@ca.com> on 2005/09/12 17:56:52 UTC

TCK Tests and Same-Name Siblings

In section 6.6.4.1 of the spec, Same-Name Siblings, it states:

"However, because some implementations (those built on an underlying
relational model, for example) may find it difficult to support querying
on the basis of node position, this feature is optional."

The TCK tests include 4 sets of tests that check same-name siblings:

    WorkspaceCloneSameNameSibsTest

    WorkspaceCopyBetweenWorkspacesSameNameSibsTest

    WorkspaceCopySameNameSibsTest

    WorkspaceMoveSameNameSibsTest

Can I be level 2 compliant without passing these tests?

Doug McComsey

Computer Associates

Doug.mccomsey@ca.com

Re: TCK Tests and Same-Name Siblings

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Doug,

McComsey, Doug wrote:
> The TCK tests include 4 sets of tests that check same-name siblings:
>
>     WorkspaceCloneSameNameSibsTest
>     WorkspaceCopyBetweenWorkspacesSameNameSibsTest
>     WorkspaceCopySameNameSibsTest
>     WorkspaceMoveSameNameSibsTest
>
> Can I be level 2 compliant without passing these tests?

Yes, a repository can be compliant even though the same-name siblings
test cases are not 'passed'. There are actually three outcomes for a
test case:
1) passed
2) failed
3) not executable

1) and 2) are self explaining.
3) means that
- the test case tests an optional feature and found out the repository
does not support it
or
- the repository does not contain sufficient content to execute a test
case. This may be the case in a level 1 repository that does not know
about e.g. properties of type double.

If a test case returns 'not executable' the TCK will still yield that
the repository is compliant.

regards
  marcel