Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2013/10/30 03:46:36 UTC

Architecture Mailing List

Hi All,

We are getting some architecture input randomly but I guess we are loosing
valuable input from some of the PMC and community who do not have enough
time to develop and catch up heavy dev list traffic but still invaluable to
provide architectural feedback.

How about we request a new mailing list and use it solely for Architecture
discussions? In the long run, I am not sure if we will be able to use this
list and probably will add up confusion of one more additional list. However
we need to make progress on Airavata 1.0 and random 2.0 discussion which get
buried in current active development traffic.

What does ever one think about having such a separate mailing list and
encourage every one from PMC and also from interested users and
representatives from fellow apache projects join the list and contribute? If
it is advisable, we can cc to dev list that way we are not missing any one
at the same time selected members are only getting emails what they would
like.

Thoughts?

Suresh

Re: Architecture Mailing List

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

This is a nice idea !

+1

Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

If you haven’t yet done so, please subscribe to the architecture mailing list. I updated the mailing list page on the website to reflect the new list.

Cheers,
Suresh

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Thanks to INFRA, the architecture mailing list is now setup. This is a
public list same as dev and open to all. Please subscribe to it by sending
an email to architecture-subscribe@airavata.apache.org

Suresh

From:  Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>
Date:  Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM
To:  Airavata Dev <de...@airavata.apache.org>

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

From:  Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM
To:  Airavata Dev <de...@airavata.apache.org>

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

I am sorry for the delayed reply. I was under the impression I +1 for this
but apparently I have not.
Anyhow +1 for the idea.

Thanks
Amila