Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Simko, Joe" <js...@cssc.com> on 2003/07/28 18:07:51 UTC

Basic Authentication with Document(), import,or include

I've been beating my head against the wall trying to find an answer to this
problem, or even a place to ask about it. You all win, sorry for the burden.

I'm using Oracle's http interface to pull in XML from our relational tables.
Xalan is the XSLT processor we're using 2.5.1, and the following fails:

<xsl:variable name="sampleurl"
select="'http://username:password@xmldatabase:8002/anydirectory'"/>
<xsl:variable name="test" select="document($sampleurl)"/>

We end up receiving a HTTP 401 error. This kind of makes since, it's an
authentication error and also part of the process of authenticating Basic
Authentication. However, I shouldn't see the error and I should be
authenticated.

Best I can figure it's a URI resolver issue. Anyone know how to get around
this or make it work?

FTP works fine in a document(), xsl:Import, or xsl:Include, But HTTP doesn't
want to function.

Thanks for any help, I hope to return the favor.

RE: Basic Authentication with Document(), import,or include

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Joe --

If Igor's suggestion touse the latest CVS doesn't work, I recommend getting
a TCP/IP trace from your machine so we can see exactly what's going on.

Gary