Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "TAKAHASHI Hideo(BSD-M1G)" <hi...@bisd.hitachi.co.jp> on 2001/10/19 09:02:00 UTC

gif files in webapps/ROOT corrupted for TC4.0.1.tar.gz

Hi.

Two things I have noticed.  Not a big problem but I couldn't find any
reports on this..

1. The following files seems corrupted for the tar.gz archive for
TC4.0.1

webapps/ROOT/tomcat.gif
webapps/ROOT/jakarta-banner.gif
webapps/ROOT/tomcat-power.gif

Judging from a binary file compare against the same files in previous
archives, it seems like something handled these files as text files at
some step. Some 0x0d's were picked as differences by fc.exe /B.

The URL of the archive file is:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/src/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1-src.tar.gz

I don't have PGP so I couldn't verify my download, but the tools I used
have worked previously.

I am on Win2K, I downloaded using IE5.5, expanded using cygwin's
tar.exe.

2. Winzip.exe cannot expand the zip files correctly.

I suppose this has been discussed before. When I use winzip to expand
any of the zip files from the jakarta project, as far as I remember, all
files get file length zero.  I can work around using cygwin's unzip.exe,
and for most of the time I take the tar archives, still it would be nice
if this can be fixed.

--
Hideo Takahashi
Business Solutions Division, Hitachi Ltd.