Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Ildar Absalyamov <il...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/01 03:45:08 UTC

Re: Modules that could be removed?

The real challenge is that separate repo should not the treated as /dev/null for old code.
I believe that committing changes, that causes this repo to be broken *must* be treated as -1 Jenkins bit.

Best regards,
Ildar

Re: Modules that could be removed?

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.
The two main BAD issues are:

1) BAD has a single "official" manager (me). There have been some weeks
were several code reviews are breaking BAD at once, which can be hard to
manage while trying to get research done. This has been alleviated somewhat
by the couchbase team, as they've started adding BAD changes themselves for
breaking changes (thanks!). But my concern is that experiments will have 0
"official" managers. I think if we did this then we need to strictly
require that the person who breaks the experiments build has to make the
experiments fix.

2) Maybe this is not completed related to BAD being a separate repository,
but BAD changes linger in review mode for months. The current Asterix-BAD
change set has been around for about a month. The Asterix side has gone
without comment for more than a week, and the BAD side has yet to receive
any comments. Since BAD is the focus of my work, by the time changes get
into master my local branch is several changes ahead. I'm still highly in
favor of the 72-hour rule, which I think got tabled.

Steven

Posted by Michael Blow <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.