Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tim Johnson <as...@eggserver.tallships.ca> on 2004/07/08 01:00:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Symbolic link

Hi all, I upgrade a few items on a regular basis, like phpMyadmin and horde/imp.
I would like to un-tar the directory in my root directory and change simply
change a symbolic link so I don't have to change the config file each time. I
just tried it and got an error. Logs say this ....

Symbolic link not allowed: /www/ ...........

My server is my home box running Linux Slackware 9.0.0, Apache/2.0.50
OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.7

Is there a configure option (either in the config file or in compile-time
options) that will allow me to do this?

Tim

Re: [users@httpd] Symbolic link

Posted by Tim Johnson <as...@eggserver.tallships.ca>.
Oh crap!!!  Thanks! I had the SymLinksIfOwnerMatch entered, and I didn't chown
the directory. Silly rabbit, Trix is for kids :)

Tim

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.