Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill Richards <wi...@aewa.org> on 2005/05/01 06:46:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.0 and SSI

>On 4/30/05, Bill Richards <wi...@aewa.org> wrote:
>> But when going to the main index.html it
>> does not work.  Also in the process of
>> troubleshooting I broke the eight.cgi
>> picture gallery script so that it no longer
>> works.  I hope someone can clue me into
>> what I am doing wrong. =20
>
>Not unless you do a much better job defining what you mean by "it does
>not work".  What exactly do you get in the browser?  What is in the
>error and access logs?  What if you request the CGI script directly,
>rather than via the SSI page?
>
>Joshua.

Joshua - The script is a "is a simple bash shell script to display the
current sponsors name."  What is displayed appears along with the rest
of the main index.html page.  As I mentioned "I can call the script via a
direct url to: http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/sponsor.cgi".  It works as it
is supposed to which tells me that cgi is working as it is supposed to.
I'm sure I've left something out of the httpd2.conf file.  I just don't
know what.  If there is something else I am omitting from this thread
let me know.

cya
bill

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.0 and SSI

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/05, Bill Richards <wi...@aewa.org> wrote:

> >On 4/30/05, Bill Richards <wi...@aewa.org> wrote:
> >> But when going to the main index.html it
> >> does not work.  Also in the process of
> >> troubleshooting I broke the eight.cgi
> >> picture gallery script so that it no longer
> >> works.  I hope someone can clue me into
> >> what I am doing wrong. =20
> >
> >Not unless you do a much better job defining what you mean by "it does
> >not work".  What exactly do you get in the browser?  What is in the
> >error and access logs?  What if you request the CGI script directly,
> >rather than via the SSI page?
> >
> >Joshua.
>
> Joshua - The script is a "is a simple bash shell script to display the
> current sponsors name."  What is displayed appears along with the rest
> of the main index.html page.

What the heck does that last sentence mean?  I need to know exactly
what you get when you try to access the page.  Do you get "[An error
occured when processing this directive.]"  Is the SSI command still in
there if you view-source?  What is in the error and access logs?

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.0 and SSI

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 5/2/05, Bill Richards <wi...@aewa.org> wrote:
> Yes, the SSI command is still there when I view source.

That's what I needed to know.  That means that apache has not been
configured to process the page for SSI.  For instructions on how to do
that, see:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/ssi.html#configuring

It looks to me like you are missing an
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html
(replacing .html with whatever file extension you are using) which
needs to apply to the directory containing the SSI page (not the
directory containing the included cgi).

Joshua.