Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@opengroup.org> on 1997/11/27 16:59:57 UTC

Re: Binary of WIN32 mod_perl.dll available?

Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A colleague of mine is looking for a precompiled binary of mod_perl.dll;
> he's happy user of apache_1.3b3_win32 (and is about to dump his OmniWeb
> server for it).
>
> Has one of you perhaps got a binary lying around?

There is one lying here: http://www.osf.org/~dougm/Apache-Perl.zip
I tried to build a .dll with 1.3b3 sources and run with the 1.3b3
binary, but apache.exe died because MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER didn't match!?
So this zip ball I rolled yesterday as a favor to somone else includes
an apache.exe and ApacheCore.dll built from 1.3b3 sources.  I plan to
make an official binary release of mod_perl once 1.3 final is here
(without apache.exe, etc.)
The zip above won't be there much longer.  Keep in mind, mod_perl for
win32 is still consider alpha, but I've heard from a few happy users
of it, please let me know how it looks for you.  Now, I am going to be
lying around eating turkey...

-Doug

Re: Binary of WIN32 mod_perl.dll available?

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de>.
On Thu, Nov 27, 1997 at 10:59:57AM -0500, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> There is one lying here: http://www.osf.org/~dougm/Apache-Perl.zip

Thanks -- got it.

>   Now, I am going to be
> lying around eating turkey...