Posted to xml-commons-dev@xerces.apache.org by Luis Bruno <lb...@republico.estv.ipv.pt> on 2006/03/30 00:38:09 UTC

"enum" is a reserved keyword in java1.5

As a workaround, I added two source="1.5" attributes to <javac ...>
elements, one each in java/resolver.xml and java/which.xml.

I'd submit a patch to rename the variables to a more suitable name,
but I'm walking my first steps in the whole Java world; I'd rather let
others do it.

[PS: mind CC'ing me? I'm hardly pressed to find the time to keep up
with existing subscriptions; I'd prefer not have to subscribe to this
one too]

Luis Bruno

Re: "enum" is a reserved keyword in java1.5

Posted by Luis Bruno <lb...@republico.estv.ipv.pt>.
shane_curcuru@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Darn - I thought we had fixed all of those enum problems.

I think you actually did: I should've checked out svn HEAD before posting.
I've did that now, and successfully ran ant on it (except for a couple of
build errors related with Forrester's input files, which I've worked
around).

I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

--
Luis Bruno

Re: "enum" is a reserved keyword in java1.5

Posted by sh...@us.ibm.com.
Darn - I thought we had fixed all of those enum problems.  Thanks for
noting it, I'll try to look into updating the code myself to change the
variable names if you don't get there first.

Thanks!
- Shane