Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by "Marts, Eric" <er...@acquitygroup.com> on 2008/02/05 03:34:23 UTC

Need to have the ability to add primary content type to PUT in UjaxPostServlet

I updated class to handle sling:primaryType request parameter.  Need to get into main branch.

addNode(node, type);

Eric

Re: Need to have the ability to add primary content type to PUT in UjaxPostServlet

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Feb 5, 2008 3:34 AM, Marts, Eric <er...@acquitygroup.com> wrote:
> I updated class to handle sling:primaryType request parameter.  Need to get into main branch....

> addNode(node, type);...

That looks useful, could you provide a patch in a JIRA issue? Ideally
with automated tests?

-Bertrand

Re: Need to have the ability to add primary content type to PUT in UjaxPostServlet

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
do you need to control the notetypes of the intermediate nodes or just
for the newly created?
in the later case, i suggest just to pass the jcr:primaryType as
property and the processor should pick that up as node type for the
new node.

eg:

POST /foo/bar/*
./jcr:primaryType = "myNodeType"
./tite = "Some Tittle"

WDYT ?
regards, toby

On 2/6/08, eric.marts@acquitygroup.com <er...@acquitygroup.com> wrote:
> jcr:primary type is the value that needs to be passed to the addNode method when a new node is created.
>
> I named the request parameter sling:primaryType as to not collide with the automagic node.setProperty("jcr:primaryType", "mytype") which will fail as primary type is a protected property.
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

Re: Need to have the ability to add primary content type to PUT in UjaxPostServlet

Posted by er...@acquitygroup.com.

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@day.com>.
hi eric,