Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by rc...@clearstream.com on 2000/08/16 09:50:06 UTC

document header before page header

Hello,

sorry to disturb you again.  I have a problem.  I posted it to the
mailinglist, but I didn't get any response from anybody.

I need a report that has a header on the top of each page.  I managed to do
that with 'xsl-before', no problem there.  Now I want a document header only
on the first page before the page header.  I hope this is possible, I guess
it should be possible,  because it's a very normal report layout.

I hope you can help me out,
Robbie

Re: document header before page header

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
There are a couple of ways of doing this.

Check out the examples in docs/examples/pagination, say, franklin_alt.fo.
Use something like

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="first_and_rest">
	<fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives maximum-repeats="no-limit">
		<fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="first"
			page-position="first" />
		<fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="rest"
			page-position="rest" />
</fo:page-sequence-master>

in the layout-master-set.

Then you also have 2 simple-page-master's in the layout-master-set, one with
master-name="first" and one with a master-name="rest". The former is set up
to do headers; the other isn't.

The page-sequence has a master-name="first_and_rest".

Hope this helps.

Arved Sandstrom

At 09:50 AM 8/16/00 +0200, Robbie Ceulemans wrote:

>sorry to disturb you again.  I have a problem.  I posted it to the
>mailinglist, but I didn't get any response from anybody.
>
>I need a report that has a header on the top of each page.  I managed to do
>that with 'xsl-before', no problem there.  Now I want a document header only
>on the first page before the page header.  I hope this is possible, I guess
>it should be possible,  because it's a very normal report layout.

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"