Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Keiser, David" <DA...@NEXTIRAONE.COM> on 2004/06/17 20:06:23 UTC

JetSpeed exception in SunOne (SunJava)

Hello. I am a newbie to JetSpeed. We are attempting to set up JetSpeed 1.5
as a prototype (strictly out of the box initially) on our system, which is a
Windows 2000 based OS, running SunOne (or Sun Java) Platform Edition ver
7.0.1. We have had several issues getting it running. The main issues have
been related to the Java Classpath and the .jar files that the App server is
referencing. The documentation on the Net has been VERY sketchy as it
relates to running JetSpeed on SunOne (Sun Java). Most all the documentation
and discussions that reference JetSpeed are based on running it in Tomcat.
We are already using Sun as our App Server and would like to continue doing
so.

Anyway, JetSpeed is now up and running, however, we are stuck on one error.
We have tried modifying the Classpath, pointing to different .jars, etc,
with no luck. The consistent (in several portlets) exception we are getting
in the Global Admin Portlet for example:

org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity template:
/controls/html/jetspeed.vm: Invocation of method 'getContent' in class
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.security.portlets.CacheableStatefulPortletWrapper
threw exception class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : null

We have seen this error referenced on the Net, but all the recommendations
to fix it have failed. Does anyone:

1.	Have any documentation or experience running JetSpeed in Sun One
(Sun Java)?
2.	Know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!!!!
--------
David T. Keiser
NextiraOne Information Technology, eBusiness Team
2800 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX
Phone: 713.307.4217
Mobile: 832.515.8752