Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rakesh Venkatesh <ww...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/09 08:07:10 UTC

Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Hello

I have an issue in the virtual router where conntrackd(conntrack-tools) is
populating /var/log/daemon.log a lot and because of that VR is running out
of disk space. Do you guys know how to prevent conntrackd from logging too
much? I manually changed the logrotate.conf to rotate every hour and retain
only few copies but thats a quick fix. Is there any better fix to avoid
this issue? In our setup the VR has 2GB disk and even that got filled up
pretty quickly.

The logrotate config for daemon.log is present in /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog
and I added

/var/log/daemon.log
{
        hourly
        rotate 1
        missingok
        notifempty
        compress
        copytruncate
}

The config present in /etc/logrotate.d/conntrackd is pointing
to /var/log/conntrackd-stats.log and so changing that config wont help.

--
Thanks and regards
Rakesh

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Rakesh Venkatesh <ww...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrija

Sorry for replying to your email this late. Just saw it.
Basically there was an issue with logrotate service as it was running just
once a day instead of hourly. I have created a pr for that in 4.15

--
Thanks and regards
Rakesh venkatesh

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Rakesh Venkatesh <ww...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrija

--
Thanks and regards
Rakesh venkatesh

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Rakesh,

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Rakesh,

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Rakesh Venkatesh <ww...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and regards
Rakesh venkatesh

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Rakesh Venkatesh <ww...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and regards
Rakesh venkatesh

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Rakesh Venkatesh <ww...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and regards
Rakesh venkatesh

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Rakesh Venkatesh <ww...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and regards
Rakesh venkatesh

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Limiting the conntrackd logs in virtual router

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić