Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu> on 2009/02/16 11:40:50 UTC

Hive builds on Hudson - Cobertura or Clover?

Hi.

I've recently setup nightly builds of Apache Hive on Hudson.
The setup is fairly basic and we'd like to add a code coverage tool to
the build process. The options right now are Cobertura or Clover.

I'm leaning towards Cobertura, since that's what I have used before and
it is free for anyone to use. Even if Apache have a Clover license I
assume developers can't install that locally. On the other hand it would
make sense to use the same software as Hadoop does.

I am a bit curious about the Cobertura license though,
http://cobertura.sourceforge.net/license.html
It seems the software is GPL2 but the Ant tasks Apache v1.1

Would this stop us from installing it on the Hudson machine?

http://cobertura.sourceforge.net/
http://www.atlassian.com/software/clover/

/Johan