Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by izlem Gozukeles <iz...@emo.org.tr> on 2008/01/08 23:00:18 UTC

Previous file handle

Hi,
I have a Tomcat 5.5 on a Debian GNU/Linux (etch) server.
Tomcat was running  smoothly for a long time. However, last week, my
tomcat 5.5 started to have problems. When I want to start tomcat as:
/etc/init.d/tomcat5.5 start

I get this error message:
Starting Tomcat servlet engine: tomcat5.51 Previous file handle doesn't
exists /var/lib/tomcat5.5/logs/catalina_2008-01-08.log

I tried re-installation. But it did not work.

What may be the problem?

--
ibrahim izlem GOZUKELES

Re: Previous file handle

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
does the log /var/lib/tomcat5.5/logs/catalina_2008-01-08.log exist?

M-

Re: Previous file handle

Posted by izlem Gozukeles <iz...@emo.org.tr>.
I tried this before. But it didn't solve the problem.
Additionaly, I uninstalled tomcat, remove configuration files and log files.
Then tried a clean install with new configuration files and log files.
But it didn't work.

--
ibrahim izlem GOZUKELES

Re: Previous file handle