Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Matias G <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/26 20:12:31 UTC

OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the 2.3.0 is planned and what would
the expected timeframe for that? I am very interested in the fix for one
particular issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2318) which
was solved just a few days ago.

I upgraded to 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT and it works for me, but would find it really
helpful to know if there is a final release planned so I can in turn plan
in advance for how long I could expect to keep using snapshot versions.

I looked at previous release dates and found they've happened
February-November-April, so I don't know if the next one would be happening
this year. In my search through the site I could not find info on future
releases.

If anyone can point me to the right resource/person/information, many
thanks.

Matias

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

will try to find out what the underlying problem is.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
Mark -

--
*Rick Curtis*

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Mark.

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
I can kick off all the maven parts of the release.

I'm not sure what else do we need in terms of readme and JISA release notes housekeeping?
Is there a wiki page or any other documentation about it somewhere?

From my experience as Release Manager in other Apache projects I would have the following tasks on my TODO list. And some of them need community involvement prior to starting the actual release process

Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matias,