Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eunsu Kim <eu...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/25 09:48:48 UTC

What happens if my Cassandra cluster's certificate expires?

Hi all

I recently enabled client_encryption_options on a cassandra.yaml

client_encryption_options:
    enabled: true
    optional: true
    keystore: conf/my-keystore.jks
    keystore_password: password
    require_client_auth: false

What happens if the certificate expires while in operation?

Will nothing happen? Or will the channel be closed?

Please share your experience.

Thank you.

Re: What happens if my Cassandra cluster's certificate expires?

Posted by Eunsu Kim <eu...@gmail.com>.
Laxmikant, Thank you for your quick response.

From: Laxmikant Upadhyay <la...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 7:42 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: What happens if my Cassandra cluster's certificate expires?

Your new connection and re-connection (in case of service restart) will not establish but requests on existing connections should work.

--

regards,
Laxmikant Upadhyay

Re: What happens if my Cassandra cluster's certificate expires?

Posted by Laxmikant Upadhyay <la...@gmail.com>.

--

regards,
Laxmikant Upadhyay