Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Giuseppe Greco <gi...@agamura.com> on 2007/03/22 12:33:17 UTC

Newby Questions...

Hi all,

I'm looking at Maven as a replacement for Ant.

I was able to create a small test application with Maven and
it works fine. I think Maven is really great!

Since I'm really new to Maven, I've two questions:

1. How do I generate an application distro (i.e. a JAR that contains
   all the modules required to run the program)?

2. How does Maven support I18N (i.e. where should I put the
   MyApp_en_US.properties file or how do I instruct Maven to include
   it in the package)?

Thanks,
j3d.

Giuseppe Greco
Via Carà 26
6928 Manno (TI)
Switzerland

call giuseppe.greco via Skype
phone:  +41 (0)91 604 67 65
mobile: +41 (0)79 590 33 06
email:  giuseppe.greco@agamura.com

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.
hello Giuseppe,

On 3/22/07, Giuseppe Greco <gi...@agamura.com> wrote:

> 1. How do I generate an application distro (i.e. a JAR that contains
>    all the modules required to run the program)?

look at the assembly plugin:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/

ciao,
valerio
--
http://jroller.com/page/vschiavoni

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.
Hello Giuseppe,

i've never used that, but here you can find a docbook plugin for maven2:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/docbook-maven-plugin/introduction.html

http://valerioschiavoni.blogspot.com
http://jroller.com/page/vschiavoni

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Giuseppe Greco <gi...@agamura.com>.
Dear all,

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

RE: Newby Questions...

Posted by Phill Moran <pj...@rogers.com>.

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Giuseppe Greco <gi...@agamura.com>.

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Giuseppe Greco <gi...@agamura.com>.
Hi guys,

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Giuseppe Greco <gi...@agamura.com>.
OK, I'll put the zip on my server later this evening and
I'll provide the URL when done.

j3d.

Re: Newby Questions...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.