Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Zuri <zi...@hotmail.com> on 2003/08/28 17:20:41 UTC

Request accounting in Apache

We have a typical situation where a HTTP server (S) starts, preforks a
number of processes (P0...Pn-1). We have a need to do some request
accounting, i.e. get some kind of notification (or at least learn somehow)
when Pi starts processing a request and as well as when Pi finishes the
request. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Zig.@.gy

Re: Request accounting in Apache

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Zuri wrote:

> We have a typical situation where a HTTP server (S) starts, preforks a
> number of processes (P0...Pn-1). We have a need to do some request
> accounting, i.e. get some kind of notification (or at least learn somehow)
> when Pi starts processing a request and as well as when Pi finishes the
> request. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Zig.@.gy

Application Response Measurement (http://www.opengroup.org/tech/management/arm/)?

FWIW (which is not very much), if a freely available ARM 4 client every becomes available, I have a
Apache 2 module I'd like to donate to the ASF.

Bill