Posted to dev@gobblin.apache.org by Jay Sen <ja...@apache.org> on 2019/11/18 23:08:41 UTC

data encryption while in transit

Hi Gobblin dev team,

I am looking at a way to encrypt the data traffic or secure the overall
connection while reading data from hadoop for the Gobblin distcp job.

I see currently Gobblin only support encryption while writing, do anybody
has idea on how can this be achieved with Gobblin or a feature like this
would be helpful ?

Thanks
Jay

Re: data encryption while in transit

Posted by Sudarshan Vasudevan <su...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
@Jay Sen<ma...@apache.org>
There are multiple options for encrypting Hadoop data during reads and writes.

  1.  Use swebhdfs
  2.  By enabling Wire encryption support in Hadoop RPCs

Both of these should be transparent to Gobblin and should not require code changes.

Sudarshan

Posted by Jay Sen <ja...@apache.org>.
Ping....