Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Juan Sequeiros <he...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 21:28:39 UTC

tag processors with deprecated

Hi all,

Lately I've been discussing interacting with messaging queues using JMS and
I've had to stop others from trying to use GET and PUT JMS.
I know that ideally if starting from new you should use Consume and Publish
JMS with the JMS controller service connection factory.

Initial impression from others was that NIFI could not interact with some
messaging queues because they where using the GET and PUT processors.
So I was wondering if there should be some way of "tagging" the processors
that apply in a way to let dataflow manager know there there is a "better"
way or a "newer" processor that should be used instead.

Another example are the GET and PUT that also could use List and Fetch.

Just a though and if needed I could put in a feature request.

thanks

Re: tag processors with deprecated

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
I think this is an important concept.  We should have something
meaning deprecated but with redirectors to better options.  We have
'SeeAlso' for docs so something similar.