Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com> on 2008/02/02 00:35:16 UTC

plans for next Muse release?

Hi,
Is there a target date set for the next Muse release?  There are several
bugs outstanding, and most importantly to me is MUSE-270.

Chris has submitted a test patch which I haven't been able to test yet,
but I'm sure it works.  To avoid licensing/copyright issues, I'd prefer
not patching the Muse code myself since the distribution of our end
product includes not just the Muse-based server application, but also
the client proxy APIs which customers will integrate into their client
apps.  So customers will also need to use the patched Muse jars.

Activity on this forum has dropped for sometime now, and I'm wondering
if there's still plans to keep Muse active.

Aloha,
-Vinh

RE: plans for next Muse release?

Posted by "Hawkins, Joel" <Jo...@compuware.com>.
Dan,

When are you thinking of posting the vote for 2.3? I'd like to write an
isolation layer for CXF, assuming I've got this weekend to work on it...

Cheers,
Joel

RE: plans for next Muse release?

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.
I agree, too!  These two are essential, whereas the testing fw and
dynamic discovery items are enhancements.

Looks like I'll be working with Muse code again soon for my current
project, so I'll be an active participant again:)
-Vinh

________________________________

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Ch...@swisscom.com.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.

The first thing you can do it upload the code in JIRA and grant it the ASF
license. Make sure everyone who is contributing significantly has filled
out the Apache CLA form and faxed it in; the project needs new committers,
so if there are one or more people who are leading the development effort,
we should try to get them committer access. We should also open the floor
to some of the developers who've been working with Muse since 2.0 and have
made lots of reports, improvements, etc. - off the top of my head that
includes Chris Twiner and Lenni Madsen.

Thoughts?

Dan

AW: plans for next Muse release?

Posted by Oliver Wäldrich <ol...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

please consider the bug MUSE-232 also fort the next Muse release. At least
for our systems this bug is a blocker.

Best regards,

Oliver