Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/08 07:19:30 UTC

migrating openstack-swift out of labs

Hi, team. Hoping for your help on this one.

So openstack-swift, rax-cloudfiles* in labs are ready to go... at
least the version on the master branch. The 1.8.x branch hasn't been
kept up.

If the following works, I think it would be best in order to get
things up and out of labs in a stable way.

1. source import master version of openstack-swift, rax-cloudfiles* as
a pull request into jclouds/jclouds
2. cherry-pick that, correcting for guava version discrepancies onto
jclouds/jclouds 1.8.x branch.

While this wouldn't retain history, we can cite the
jclouds-labs-openstack repo for history. Other ideas welcome.

-A

Re: migrating openstack-swift out of labs

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
BTW, you can have a look at the commit history and the history of the
files in the main repo and the history of chef specific files such as
the ChefApi)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <je...@RACKSPACE.COM>.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Already mentioned, but I think this is more helpful in the isolated
case of chef, which wasn't labs, and the ideal case of labs where
something is promoted within a few weeks to months of it being
started.

The crap-case of many labs providers is that we will be importing
random history of more than a year (see openstack-swift and soon
azurecompute). I don't see much value in that, and figured I should
voice this clearly. In other words, in some cases cure is worse than
the disease.

-A

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.