Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kelly Clauson <kc...@earthlink.net> on 2003/05/26 18:01:55 UTC

URL missing .do

I've developed a struts application on Tomcat 4.1.18 and then moved it to
SilverStream version 3.75. The application now works well in both
environments. Now I must deliver the application to the production
environment which is also SilverStream 3.75. I do not have access to this
environment and must trust others to deploy the app. When they do so, they
report that the application can be accessed but that certain requests
result in Page Not Found errors.

After a little investigation, it turns out that when a submit button is
clicked on an Action Form, the resulting URL does not contain the .do
extension, resulting in the page not found error. My jsp code for such a
form contains a form tag like this:

      name="WelcomeForm"
      type="gov.cdc.ncid.arbonet.struts.WelcomeForm" >

According to documentation, and proven by the fact that this works in my
two development environments, I do not need to add the .do extension to the
action attribute. Why then, in the production environment would the url not
contain the .do? There is some authentication done when the application is
accessed and some re-directing of the initial request, but once the
application's initial page (index.jsp) is reached there should be no
difference in navigating the application's pages.

I will attempt adding the .do extension to each of my form's action
attributes to see if this solves the problem. My question is, why would
this be necessary?

Thanks,
Kelly Clauson