Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2006/02/28 17:05:29 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 Possible Context Question

Running Tomcat 5.5.15 on Win 2000.

Originally we were running Tomcat 4.x?. So in order to upgrade our
administrator loaded 5.5.15 and copied (copied) the webapps from the 4.x
to the 5.5.15.

There are currently four sites running, and I can hit the index.html for
each context. But I cannot invoke any of the servlets within the webapp.
After checking the 4.x server.xml, I recalled that we put the context
entries there for these four sites.

But as I am reading the 5.5.15 docs, it looks like putting them there is
frowned upon. I would like to try and get this resolved, and possibly
someone ran into this same thing? Is a context entry required somewhere
in order to fire up servlets?

Thanks,

Re: Tomcat 5.5 Possible Context Question

Posted by Mike Sabroff <mi...@cygnusb2b.com>.
I saw the response from chuck....if the invoker servlet is a security
risk, and only the mappings need to be done, then that is the way you
should do it.

--
Mike Sabroff
Web Services Developer

Re: Tomcat 5.5 Possible Context Question

Posted by Mike Sabroff <mi...@cygnusb2b.com>.

Scott Purcell wrote:

> Running Tomcat 5.5.15 on Win 2000.
>

> Originally we were running Tomcat 4.x?. So in order to upgrade our
> administrator loaded 5.5.15 and copied (copied) the webapps from the 4.x
> to the 5.5.15.
>

> There are currently four sites running, and I can hit the index.html for
> each context. But I cannot invoke any of the servlets within the webapp.
> After checking the 4.x server.xml, I recalled that we put the context
> entries there for these four sites.
>

> But as I am reading the 5.5.15 docs, it looks like putting them there is
> frowned upon. I would like to try and get this resolved, and possibly
> someone ran into this same thing? Is a context entry required somewhere
> in order to fire up servlets?

Mike Sabroff
Web Services Developer
mike.sabroff@cygnusb2b.com