Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Siddhartha Purkayastha <kp...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/06 18:32:14 UTC

Having variable session timeouts

Hello All -

How is it possible to implement variable session timeouts?
My use case is: for a set of users with certain properties (which in turn
will be stored in the session, say x = 10), I want to have a time out of 30
mins. For others (say with property x = 15), I want to have a timeout of 1
hr.

Is it possible to achieve such a configuration?

Thanks,
Siddhartha

Re: Having variable session timeouts

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Having variable session timeouts

Posted by Siddhartha Purkayastha <kp...@gmail.com>.
Looks like this should solve my problem -
HttpSession.setMaxInactiveInterval() ?

Are there any implications of using this method?