Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 01:45:11 UTC

Maven Integration for Eclipse - does it support modules?

I tried enabling Maven Dependency Management on a project with modules
(Surefire 2.4.3) and the dependencies from the top-level project were
added OK, but none of the dependencies for any of the modules were
added.

Is this the expected behaviour? Or is it a bug?

If if is expected, how can one use the plugin with modules?

[Using version 0.0.12.20071107-2300 in Eclipse 3.4.1]

Re: Maven Integration for Eclipse - does it support modules?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/02/2009, Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try Maven->Update Project Configuration after setting maven-compiler-plugin
>  configuration.

Does not seem to help, even after amending POM as suggested below.

>  And I think you want:

This is a Maven project plugin, so I would expect the POM to be correct ...

Posted by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com>.
Try Maven->Update Project Configuration after setting maven-compiler-plugin
configuration.  And I think you want:

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
On 21-Feb-09, at 12:13 PM, Eugene Kuleshov wrote:

> Jason van Zyl-5 wrote:
>>
>> It is always better to import Maven projects as Maven projects, not
>> normal projects and then enabling dependency management.
>>

>  Jason, you don't need to enable dependency management when
> "Import / Maven
> Projects" wizard is used.

normal == eclipse

>  regards,
>  Eugene

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: Maven Integration for Eclipse - does it support modules?

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, that's fixed it.

Posted by Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de>.
You have to do:

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

  First of all you are using pretty old version for m2eclipse, the recent
0.9.7 release been published few weeks ago.

  Please note that "Enable Maven Dependency Management" action is currently
provides very basic functionality and originally meant to be used to enable
Maven support on existing projects, but it doesn't not convert any settings
from Eclipse and does not import additional modules. So, you could use this
action if you already have your surefire project tree imported in Eclipse,
but then you may have to manually invoke "Import... / Maven Projects" from
the surefire project entry in "Package Explorer" view in order to import the
nested modules.

  I guess it makes sense to submit an enhancement request for this.

  Also, you may want to vote for
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-781, which is suggesting to
provide conversion from Eclipse project configuration back to pom.xml

  regards,
  Eugene