Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com> on 2011/01/21 00:40:53 UTC

tapestry-cayenne library

The thread on tapestry modules got me thinking a bit...

Awhile back, Kevin Menard and I started an integration library between tapestry and cayenne (http://cayenne.apache.org).  I know Kevin was hoping this would eventually move to be an "official" tapestry module (rather than 3rd party), but I've been reluctant.  What are your thoughts? We have an "official" hibernate integration module; should we have an "official" cayenne one? If so, I can move the code into a new tapestry sub-module.  I use the integration in several of my own projects and keep it compatible with the current version of tapestry; I would take responsibility for continuing to maintain the module under the tapestry umbrella.  This isn't meant to be an official vote, and I'm not set on moving it into tapestry.   I'm just trying to gauge how much interest there would be in having a better supported cayenne integration module.

Robert

Re: tapestry-cayenne library

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.
No, not necessarily.  But I wanted to see what the general feeling was (better to leave as 3rd party vs. better to bring under the tapestry umbrella) before committing resources to making the switch.

Robert

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
+1 to an official Tapestry-Cayenne module (as long as its code has the
quality the Tapestry project requires, but this will not be a problem to
Robert and Kevin at all). People tend to trust official modules more than
third-party ones.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:40:53 -0200, Robert Zeigler
<ro...@roxanemy.com> wrote:

> The thread on tapestry modules got me thinking a bit...
>
> Awhile back, Kevin Menard and I started an integration library between
> tapestry and cayenne (http://cayenne.apache.org).  I know Kevin was
> hoping this would eventually move to be an "official" tapestry module
> (rather than 3rd party), but I've been reluctant.  What are your
> thoughts? We have an "official" hibernate integration module; should we
> have an "official" cayenne one? If so, I can move the code into a new
> tapestry sub-module.  I use the integration in several of my own
> projects and keep it compatible with the current version of tapestry; I
> would take responsibility for continuing to maintain the module under
> the tapestry umbrella.  This isn't meant to be an official vote, and I'm
> not set on moving it into tapestry.   I'm just trying to gauge how much
> interest there would be in having a better supported cayenne integration
> module.
>
> Robert

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
Consultor, desenvolvedor e instrutor em Java, Tapestry e Hibernate
Coordenador e professor da Especialização em Engenharia de Software com
Ênfase em Java da Faculdade Pitágoras
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: tapestry-cayenne library

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Adding new modules to Apache SVN we need to have at least one committer
responsible for this module. Will you have time in the future to maintain
it? If so, I have no concerns.

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Robert Zeigler <
robert.zeigler@roxanemy.com> wrote:

> The thread on tapestry modules got me thinking a bit...
>
> Awhile back, Kevin Menard and I started an integration library between
> tapestry and cayenne (http://cayenne.apache.org).  I know Kevin was hoping
> this would eventually move to be an "official" tapestry module (rather than
> 3rd party), but I've been reluctant.  What are your thoughts? We have an
> "official" hibernate integration module; should we have an "official"
> cayenne one? If so, I can move the code into a new tapestry sub-module.  I
> use the integration in several of my own projects and keep it compatible
> with the current version of tapestry; I would take responsibility for
> continuing to maintain the module under the tapestry umbrella.  This isn't
> meant to be an official vote, and I'm not set on moving it into tapestry.
> I'm just trying to gauge how much interest there would be in having a better
> supported cayenne integration module.
>
> Robert

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko