Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/17 12:54:46 UTC

Jackrabbit board report

Hi,

See below for the Jackrabbit status report I just sent to the ASF board.

I'm sorry for forgetting to post the report here earlier for review.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

----

Apache Jackrabbit is a fully conforming implementation of the Content
Repository for Java Technology API (JCR, specified in JSR 170).

The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level
issues at this time.

o Releases

  Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.3 was released in October.

  We are currently working on the 1.4 release. Jackrabbit 2.0, with
  JCR 2.0 support, will likely be released next year.

o Community

  Martijn Hendriks and Ard Schrijvers were added as a committers and
  PMC members.

  The recent decision by the Apache Jakarta PMC to close the Slide project
  has brought a number of people interested in WebDAV to the Jackrabbit
  mailing lists. Most notably there is interest in extending and further
  developing the WebDAV client library in Jackrabbit. We may well end up
  working together with the new Apache HttpComponents project on this
  front.

o Development

  The main development focus at the moment it on the 1.4 release, but
  there's already some work towards implementing the new JCR 2.0 features
  being specified by Jsr 283.

  Once the 1.4 release is out we will need to decide when and how to
  split Jackrabbit into separate JCR 2.0 development and JCR 1.0
  maintenance branches.

  A sandbox project was started for prototyping the Jackrabbit Next
  Generation Persistence proposal that tries to address some long term
  architectural issues in Jackrabbit.

o Infrastructure

  We have acquired a Confluence wiki space for managing our project web
  site but we have yet to migrate the web site contents.