Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Bo Zhang <bo...@databricks.com> on 2021/04/26 07:30:38 UTC

Bintray replacement for spark-packages.org

Hi Apache Spark devs,

As you might know, Bintray, which is the repository service used for
spark-packages.org, is in its sunset process. There was a planned brown-out
on April 12th <https://status.bintray.com/incidents/4mzph0y8l6hk> and there
will be another one on April 26th
<https://status.bintray.com/incidents/x1dvhtdqkcnx>, and it will no longer
be available from May 1st.

We have spun up a new repository service at https://repos.spark-packages.org
and it will be the new home for the artifacts on spark-packages.

Given the planned Bintray brown-out, this is a good time for us to test the
new repository service. To consume artifacts from that, please replace "
dl.bintray.com/spark-packages/maven" with "repos.spark-packages.org" in the
Maven pom files or sbt build files in your repositories, e.g.:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/32346

We are still working on the release process to the new repository service,
and will provide an update here shortly.

If you have any questions for using the new repository service, or any
general questions for spark-packages, please reach out to
feedback@spark-packages.org.

Thanks,
Bo

Re: Bintray replacement for spark-packages.org

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Yi and all.

Then, after 2.4.8 release, shall we start to roll 3.1.2 and 3.0.3.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Yi Wu <yi...@databricks.com>.
Hi wenchen,