Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/11 16:28:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release ActiveMQ-CPP v3.9.0

Vote open for ActiveMQ-CPP v3.9.0

This is a new major release of the ActiveMQ-CPP client.  I've ported
most of the applicable fixes from the JMS client over to the C++ client
as well as added support for OpenWire v11 and a bunch of other bug fixes
and memory leak fixes.

The source bundles for this release can be found here:
<http://people.apache.org/~tabish/cms-3.9.x>

The Wiki page for the release is here:
<http://activemq.apache.org/cms/activemq-cpp-390-release.html>

The list of issues fixed in this release is available here:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311207&styleName=Html&version=12324974>

Please cast your votes:

[ ] +1 Release the source as Apache ActiveMQ-CPP 3.9.0
[ ] -1 (provide specific comments)

Here is my +1

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release ActiveMQ-CPP v3.9.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1 with a note below.

I tested as follows:
- Downloaded the tar.gz file
- Verified its signature
- Extracted it and checked it has a LICENCE+NOTICE file.
- Tried to run ./configure, which gave an error indicating it couldnt
finding scripts in ./config.
- Immediately noticed the ./config dir was present but had no rights
(i.e 000), gave it some.
- Did ./configure with worked and then ran make
- Used the simple_producer and simple_async_consumer from src/examples
to send and recieve from a running broker.

As above, the tar.gz extractwed with the config dir set to have no
rights. As the error message was fairly clear and from that issue was
really pretty obvious I'm not sure its worth a respin, I'd be happy
either way, so I'm voting +1. We could perhaps put a note on the
download page if not respinning.

Robbie