Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Sourav Mazumder <so...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/15 19:38:40 UTC

Is Spark 1.5.1 not supported by Zeppelin if I set the same as SPARK_HOME ?

I have an existing zeppelin build (which I built using spark 1.4). I want
to try it now with Spark 1.5.1.

According to the github documentataion (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin) - "If you want to use system
provided Spark and Hadoop, export SPARK_HOME and HADOOP_HOME in
zeppelin-env.sh You can use any supported version of spark without
rebuilding Zeppelin."

So that means I can change SPARK_HOME tothe home directory of my spark
1.5.1 and it should work.

But when I tried to start Zeppelin server with setting SPARK_HOME to 1.5.1,
I get the error :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/ze
ppelin/server/ZeppelinServer : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:14
2)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class: org.apache.zeppelin.server.ZeppelinServer.
Progra
m will exit.

Re: Is Spark 1.5.1 not supported by Zeppelin if I set the same as SPARK_HOME ?

Posted by Ranveer Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.
I have build zeppelin with spark 1.5.1 and facing no issue.  May be as you
compiled with older version so giving problem. Try to build with 1.5.1

Regards
Ranveer

Author: tribbloid <pc...@uow.edu.au>

Date:   Fri Oct 2 13:42:59 2015 -0400