Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@fzi.de> on 2022/01/17 13:53:33 UTC

Next release planning

Hi everyone,

as our last release is some while ago and considering the many new features we have, I think it is time for the next release!

Are there any features you are still working on or any open issues you'd like to include in the next release?

I'd personally like to finish my current work on STREAMPIPES-494 before the next release, but this is hopefully ready by the end of this week.

What do you think?

Cheers
Dominik

Re: Next release planning

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>.
Hi Dominik,

I am currently working on some improvements in the data explorer.
Once I am done with them, I can start testing the release.

I had a lot of good experiences with the test framework so far, because it ensures that the StreamPipes features work as expected. My suggestion would be that we should try to integrate as many test flows as possible.
If someone has questions about the test framework, we can discuss them here.
It is not necessary that you directly implement the test flows, it would also be helpful if everybody who is testing writes them down (e.g. here [1]) so we can start to automate them.

Cheers,
Philipp

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Description+for+E2E+Tests