Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Anilkumar DK <An...@trianz.com> on 2008/12/05 10:43:57 UTC

undefined symbol issue while using xerces2.8 library on RHEL5.1

Hi,

We are getting undefined symbol issue while using xerces2.8 library on
RHEL5.1.

./apachectl start

httpd: Syntax error on line 418 of /usr/Apa2_1/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
load /opt/Apache22/lib/libApache2Connector.so into server:
/opt/Apace22/lib/libConfigurationclient.so: undefined symbol: Undefined
symbol "_ZNK11xercesc_2_813DTDEntityDecl14isSerializableEv"

I searched the Symbol _ZNK11xercesc_2_813DTDEntityDecl14isSerializableEv
in xerces library with nm utility but it showed that is not defined.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Anil

Re: undefined symbol issue while using xerces2.8 library on RHEL5.1

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Ho Anil,

Anilkumar DK <An...@trianz.com> writes:

> /opt/Apace22/lib/libConfigurationclient.so: undefined symbol: Undefined
> symbol "_ZNK11xercesc_2_813DTDEntityDecl14isSerializableEv"

I suggest that you recompile libConfigurationclient.so. This sounds
like a situation where you have a newer version of libxerces-c.so
that is not binary-compatible with the one that you used to build
libConfigurationclient.so.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools   http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog